Thursday, June 25, 2009

Sky Pond

Ah... June is sweet here this year. Hasn't been too hot. This scene is at the corner of one of the ponds. I definitely gravitate to the corners as the compositions are more interesting than a straight on view.

This was a cloudy day but pleasantly so. I really enjoyed painting the cloud's reflections in the pond. I would have posted this one last week when I painted it but the lower right hand side of the painting was bothering me so I added some grass there and I'm much happier now.

I'm forgetting if I mentioned in an earlier post but these are all part of a series I'm doing. Basically the series is 100 6x8 paintings. I'm trying to keep the focus on the Campbell perk pond area too. Not sure if I can pull 80 more paintings out of there without getting redundant. I think its possible though. Cant guarantee that I'll even want to paint that area for that long either but we'll see. This painting is # 19 I may start just labeling the posts with these numbers as I'm running out of "pond" titles.

No comments:

Post a Comment